This week we have been talking about Swiss Global and then to my horror I realised I have failed to complete a qualified and registered? blog on them. I wouldn´t want them to feel left out, so today I will researching Swiss Global – qualified and registered?
As with many advisory firms that we have researched over the past months, Swiss Global´s website fails to list any of their team members. In fact, (if I have found the correct Swiss Global) their website, despite stating “Accomplishing a better financial future today”, is unfinished. Apparently, their new website will, “be with you shortly”.
EDIT: Mike Coady has emailed us today to inform us that their new website is up and running. www.swissglobalgroup.com The website does include their staff, Meet our Board of Directors! and Head of Departments.
Not a great start in my books. How can I put my trust in a firm who has a name so similar to many that are in liquidation and have huge debts, when they can´t even be bothered to finish off their website? No transparency here then. They do, however, list their three offices in Switzerland, Geneva, Zurich and Basel.
Over to Linkedin – there are many people listed as working for Swiss Global in these three offices and also in UAE.
As with all my blogs, I check the profile of the people who claim they work for Swiss Global: their position and the qualifications they claim. If I can confirm these qualifications, I also publish this.
FAs and their clients are invited to add to this blog, correct it or improve it. Here’s a link to the three registers if you want to double check:
https://www.libf.ac.uk/members-and-alumni/sps-and-cpd-register – Claim to a DipFA
Please note that this data is correct as of 14/09/2018.
Edit : 17/09/2018 Several employees listed in this blog have contacted us with proof of their qualifications all edits appear in this blue.
1. Mike Coady – DipPFS FloD – Chief Executive Officer at Swiss Global – United Arab Emirates. Qualification claimed is DipPFS – but he does NOT appear on the register. What a great start for Swiss Global (NOT) – but no surprise really. EDIT: Mike Coady has informed us that he is now a registered member with CII for his level 4 DipPFS.
2. Anthony Beaumont – Regional Head – United Arab Emirates – (ex Guardian Wealth Management). Qualifications claimed CISI but does NOT appear on the register. Edit: Barry Anthony Beaumont can now be seen on the CISI members register, showing his qualifications claimed.
3. Gareth Bowket – Regional Head, Geneva – qualifications claimed – Bachelor of Science (BSc) – Field Of Study Business Management and Global Economics. This is great! However, it does NOT qualify him to provide financial advice. EDIT: Certificate from CISI has been supplied to show that Gareth Bowket has a level 3 certificate in wealth and investment management. Also Gareth said, “In addition, to avoid any future queries, I will be re-registering on the CISI portal as of this week.”
4. David Anthony W. – Private Wealth Adviser at Swiss Global – Qualifications claimed – Geneva Edinburgh Napier University – Master’s degree – Field Of Study Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services. Again, a nice-sounding degree, but this does not qualify him to provide financial advice.
5. Stephen Fyfe MSc, FPFS – Head of Technical Development at Swiss Global – Geneva Area
EDIT: Stephen Fyfe has supplied his certificates: FPFS is the highest award available through the PFS and that he also has STEP certificate for Financial Services. Stephen informed us that his renewal for CII membership was due on 1st September and thanked us for reminding him that he needs to renewed.
I realise only now that I have never – in any of these blogs – demonstrated the costs involved in being a member of CII with a DipPFS qualification, so the image left is a screenshot of these costs.
They are broken down into yearly and monthly payment options and there is even an option to change the currency for those not using GBP. The monthly amount is very small: less than a monthly phone bill and certainly less than most other monthly utility bills. So it really does bug me that advisers have told me they don´t want to pay it. Surely for this price, being qualified and registered is totally within ANY financial adviser’s best interests?
Back to members of staff listed for Swiss Global – Qualified and registered?:
6. Christopher Hawtin – MSCI – Regional Head at Swiss Global. Qualifications claimed with CII – does NOT appear on the register. EDIT: Christopher has supplied a copy of his certificate CISI Level 6, Private Client Investment and Advice Management and assures us he will be renewing his membership with CISI.
7. Alexander Hutton – Senior Vice President – Geneva Area. Qualifications – BA Hons; Field Of Study Economics and Finance. No official financial qualifications listed.
8. Craig Hutton – Private Wealth Adviser at Swiss Global – Geneva Area. Qualifications claimed (BSc) Hons Field Of Study Geography and Sport Studies. No financial qualifications listed – so not qualified to provide financial advice.
9. Hayden Stredwick – Regional Head, Swiss Global Investments – Basel. No financial qualifications listed.
The CISI fact sheet on their qualification structures can be viewed here. Interested in the fee costs for CISI? Here is a screenshot of their fees page and a link for more info. Like the CII, it is not sky high, so I wonder why all these off offshorers refuse to keep up their payments? Personally, I would they would be proud to showcase the qualifications they make claim to if they have actually studied for and passed the exams.
11. Jeremy Lee – Private Wealth Adviser – Geneva. Claims certificated in Structured Products and Investment management. No recognised qualifications claimed. It is very worrying that Swiss Global is employing someone claiming to be qualified in structured products without making it 100% clear that they will watch this potential scammer very carefully to make absolutely sure he never puts any retail clients in toxic structured note rubbish.
Has supplied us with copies of his certificates obtained through the CII, CertPFS and Financial Planning certificate.egional Head – Zürich Area, Switzerland. No financial qualifications claimed.
EDIT: Knut Giersch states, “I’m in charge of Asset and Portfolio Management. I am authorized by FINMA and the Self-regulated Body (SRO). Please find enclosed the membership certificate of ARIF as an independent asset management company in English and French.” Knut Giersch is full qualified to carry out his role at Swiss Global.Executive Director of Asset & Portfolio Management – Geneva Area, Switzerland. No financial qualifications claimed.
14. Jude Benjamin Dawute MA – Private Wealth Adviser – Zürich Area. Claims CISI qualifications. Does NOT appear on the register.
15. Sonny Kurmi – DipFA – Private Wealth Adviser at Swiss Global. Claims qualifications with the CII but does NOT appear on the register. EDIT: Certificate copy supplied – qualifications through the London Institute of Banking and Finance. IFS Level 3 Certificate in financial administration and planning AND LIBF level 4 for Financial Advisers
The folloing are not included in the final count:
Iain Hutchinson – DFP – Paraplanner/Private Wealth Advisor at Swiss Global – Geneva Area. Claims Diploma of Financial Planning. EDIT: Certificate supplied and qualification achieved in Australia so not on any of the registers, however this is a minimum qualification and does not qualify Iain to give pensions and investment advice in the UK (but does in Australia). Iain has confirmed that he is not a financial planner/consultant, his position held is Business Development Executive and Paraplanner, therefore he is fully qualified for the position he holds.
DFP is a recognised qualification for financial advice, however, in 2019 regulations will change and it will no longer be the minimum requirement for financial planners. However, it will be classed as a starting point.
EDIT: Mike Coady has contacted us to inform us that the staff below do not give any financial advice and therefore do not need any financial qualifications. They have not been included in the final count as the point of these blogs is to determine if the advisers listed as giving financial advice are qualified.
Chloe Newton – Operations Director at Swiss Global Geneva (EX GWM employee just like Mike Coady!). Qualifications claimed – NONE – Does not give financial advice so technically doesn´t need any financial qualifications – therefore not included in the final count.
I´m sure Christina Pina mentioned something about this company not being connected to the Swiss Global she represents!) No financial qualifications but she is listed as admin so technically doesn´t need them – therefore not included in the final count.Client Services Executive at Swiss Global Investments Sarl – Geneva Area, Switzerland (another employee of a different Swiss Global?!?
Jenelyn Salirungan – Client Support – Associate at Swiss Global – United Arab Emirates. Qualififcations listed – Bachelor of Commerce (BC) – Major in Computer Science. Is an administration assistant so technically she doesn´t need any financial qualifications – therefore not included in the final count.
Mark Flanagan – Client Support Associate at Swiss Global -London. No Qualifications listed. Is an administration assistant so technically he doesn´t need any financial qualifications – therefore not included in the final count. .
therefore not included in the final count.Executive Assistant to Chairman at Swiss Global Group – United Arab Emirates. Is an assistant so technically doesn´t need any financial qualifications –
Assistant Vice President at Swiss Global Group – Zürich Area, Switzerland. Mentions his Master of Science (MSc) focused in Computer Software Engineering – but no mention of financial qualifications.
Business Development Manager at Swiss Global – Geneva Area, Switzerland. (Talks a lot about his past experiences in sales in his profile). No financial qualifications.
Business Development Manager at Swiss Global Consulting – Geneva Area. No financial qualifications listed.
Charles Anthony Grainger – EDIT: NO LONGER WORKS FOR SWISS GLOBAL Business Development Manager at Swiss Global Consulting – Geneva. (BSc) Business Management and Finance. No financial qualifications listed.
John Poulter – EDIT: NO LONGER WORKS FOR SWISS GLOBAL Financial Consultant at Swiss Global. Qualifications claimed DipPFS. There is a John Douglas Poulter on the CII register but it says he is based in Southampton.
This list does not include all Swiss Global employees
out 15 employees listed in this blog as giving financial advice
9 of these have now supplied information to prove their qualifications.
9/15 qualified and registered
Swiss Global – qualified and registered? 60%
I am assured I will be hearing from more of Swiss Globals´ employees with proof of their qualifications and I will update the information as and when this is received.
Here in the Pension Life office we would like to thank all the Swiss Global employees who have responded to this blog, supplied proof of their qualifications and also updated their memberships. The point of these blogs is to show how transparent (or not) off-shore financial firms actually are. It is undoubtedly refreshing that certain employees were so quick to be able to provide us with their qualifications. Well done!